Lead Paint Inspections Are Extremely Important
Although lead improves paint performance, it is a dangerous substance.
If not detected children with high lead levels can suffer from damage to the brain and nervous system, behavior and learning problems, slow growth and hearing problems. Lead is also harmful to adults. Adults can suffer from difficulties during pregnancy, high blood pressure, digestive problems and memory and concentration problems.
Symptoms of lead poisoning at first can easily be mistaken for a cold or the flu. Exposure to lead hazards can cause fatigue, sleep problems, dizziness, irritability, nervousness, headaches, depression, hyperactivity, wrist or foot drop, joint and muscle pain, loss of appetite and stomachaches.
How Can Lead Poisoning Occur?
One myth related to lead-based paint is that children must eat leaded paint chips to develop lead poisoning. In fact, childhood lead exposure can occur by way of ingestion of lead dust through normal hand-to-mouth contact during which children swallow lead dust dislodged from deteriorated paint or leaded dust generated during remodeling or painting.
LeadSafe Inspections and Consulting, Inc. can provide an environmental lead inspection that meets your needs.
We Serve All of Rhode Island!
Including these areas:
- Lead Paint Inspections Rhode Island
- Lead Paint Inspections Lincoln, RI
- Lead Paint Inspections Central Falls, RI
- Lead Paint Inspections Pawtucket, RI
- Lead Paint Inspections Providence, RI
- Lead Paint Inspections Cranston, RI
- Lead Paint Inspections Newport, RI
- Lead Paint Inspections Woonsocket, RI
Contact us today to schedule your LeadSafe Lead Inspection!